CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day Two

What am I doing here? What is going to happen to my family? What if I die during the war? Am I going to be left on the field to die helplessly while my family starves to death? A million questions went through my head today as I watched the funeral for the soldiers who had died in the middle of the battle. The kids here believe that if we die in the battlefield, our family would be taken care of and be informed about my death. I hardly believe so. After my father was sent away by the rebels, we never heard from him again. My family decided that he was probably dead. However, nothing was sent to support us. All the soldiers did was to take away the little food we had collected and now, take me from my family. Many people are so sure that when the war is over, we would be free and finally peaceful. How can they think so? What if we lose? And yes, even if we DO win the war, it's obvious that and the same thing will repeat again. Those with power will just become more and more greedy like what happened to the loyalists and eventually everything will be back to the same point. And sooner or later someone would start a revolution against the new government and another thousand of innocent people would be killed and tortured. So what exactly are we fighting for? Both the sides tell the people that they are fighting for the rights for all the people, for the good of people and yet they are not fighting for the same thing. The more I try to understand, the more confused it gets. All I know is that I'm one of the revolutionaries. And whether I like it or not, I'll have to fight for them. Because only then I can return to my family and live.

Image citation: http://blogs.reuters.com/global/files/2008/12/central-african-republic-soldiers-patrol.jpg

0 comments: